7.02.2014

June 2014 - 10 Things That Made Me Happy

Gossip, er...I mean entertainment, magazines, always have quick little pieces where a celebrity reveals the contents of their purse or list 10 things you don't know about them. Likewise, design magazines always publish lists by their editors or featured designers that list things that are "so right now," or inspire them, or they can't live without.

I'm not sure if it's because they are usually typographically interesting quick reads, or if it's creative and clever placement of images that reaffirm the statements,  but I absolutely love them. I think it's interesting to see what other people are passionate about or in fact what they have in their purse. Plus I live for lists.

Lately I have been making an effort to be more mindful of my thoughts and staying in a moment long enough to either soak it in or move on from it. So, I thought I'd try a monthly series of 10 Things That are Making Me Happy. I realize this will require me to update this blog just a tad more frequently. Anyway, here goes...


  1. Watching my weight loss progress chart in the MyFitnessPal app trend downward. I'm on a VLC (Very Low Calorie) Ketogenic Diet. It's a whole new way of life and I'm learning tons everyday. It's crazy hard work so seeing my progress is extremely rewarding.

  2. Handmade (by me!) Ampersand Wall Art, I painted an MDF ampersand white and decorated it with a mix of Scotch and mt tape brand washi tapes.

  3. Meeting Pedro Martinez at the Prudential Center during a Good Humor Ice Cream promotion. (No ice cream for me!)

  4. The Kale Caesar Salad at Sweetgreen. This place had a perfect salad for my dietary requirements and has detailed nutritional information available which is something I have a new found appreciation for. If you have dietary restrictions and live near one I recommend checking this place out.

  5. Geometric Papercrafting Workshop at Paper Source in Chestnut Hill. We made triangle wall art (shown), a really cool mobile and note cards.

  6. This Guy. I have a love/hate relationship with cats because I'm allergic but I'd steal this one if I didn't think it would cost me my best friend.

  7. Local Greek Festivals. Always a good time with good food and good friends.

  8. The reunion of the 2004 Boston Red Sox team for the 10th anniversary of the World Series win. SO many fun memories. I was fortunate to see a lot of regular season games in '04 and was there for the victory parade.

  9. Tofu Shirataki noodles, specifically Angel Hair or Spaghetti. In my new life without pasta, rice, grains and bread I finally broke down and gave these "noodles" a try. They require some careful preparation but if done right they totally do the trick for me. Surprisingly, I haven't been craving all that stuff nearly as much as I thought I would be but I made a slightly altered version of Hungry Girl's Shrimp Scampi recipe with them and I loved it! (I didn't use the onions and I added zucchini. I also used garlic infused olive oil in the pan instead of cooking spray. Oh and I used the angel hair style noodle instead of fettuccine.)

  10. Sparkling Ice Lemonade, the perfect summer refresher, plus no calories or sugar.

So there you have it. What made you happy this past month?

No comments:

Post a Comment