All this means that this little exercise is more important than ever. So here goes...10 things that made me happy this July.
- The Boston 4th of July Fireworks (and by 4th I mean 3rd when there's a tropical storm on the way). There is no comparison to watching these fireworks in person, the tv does not begin to do them justice. This year the ended just in time for me to get caught in a massive, blinding downpour right in the middle of Kenmore Square while heading back to my car. It was crazy and I was literally soaked to the bone but it somehow just made it the evening a little more fun.
- I've been doing a Throw Out 100 Things Challenge and this organization, Extras for Creative Reuse in Lynn, MA was the perfect place to donate all my extra and unused arts and craft supplies.
- 30-lbs Gone! Love watching that line trend downward.
- Uppercase Magazine. Truth be told I discovered Uppercase in late May but I can't get enough of it. It's one of those magazines that is so visually stimulating and inspiring to me that I don't know where to begin when I open the cover.
- Sign Painters documentary. Really cool to see these artists do their work and discuss how the sign painting industry is struggling to survive in our digital world.
- OMG the Veggetti. Best invention ever for those who like zucchini and can't eat pasta. So easy to use and has lots of possibilities for both Italian and Asian dishes. I've mainly just been sautéing the "noodles" in garlic infused olive oil and then adding some marinara sauce and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese but I've seen some other ideas that I definitely want to try.
- Sharing a Coke with my two favorite people. Haven't found my own name yet but Deborah has never been an easy find on personalized products.
- Fresh pesto. Possibly one of July's most redeeming qualities is that there is tons of fresh basil ready to be made into pesto. I make my mom's recipe and freeze as much as possible so I have it into the fall.
- My 24-oz Whimsical Owl Tervis Tumbler. I fill it at least three times a day to ensure I am getting enough water. I like that it makes it easy for me to keep track of my fluid intake and the little owls are cute.
- This picture of my mom right after I was born. She was an amazing woman. I am grateful everyday for everything she taught me and for the relationship we shared.
Until next month...