I'm not sure if it's because they are usually typographically interesting quick reads, or if it's creative and clever placement of images that reaffirm the statements, but I absolutely love them. I think it's interesting to see what other people are passionate about or in fact what they have in their purse. Plus I live for lists.
Lately I have been making an effort to be more mindful of my thoughts and staying in a moment long enough to either soak it in or move on from it. So, I thought I'd try a monthly series of 10 Things That are Making Me Happy. I realize this will require me to update this blog just a tad more frequently. Anyway, here goes...
- Watching my weight loss progress chart in the MyFitnessPal app trend downward. I'm on a VLC (Very Low Calorie) Ketogenic Diet. It's a whole new way of life and I'm learning tons everyday. It's crazy hard work so seeing my progress is extremely rewarding.
- Handmade (by me!) Ampersand Wall Art, I painted an MDF ampersand white and decorated it with a mix of Scotch and mt tape brand washi tapes.
- Meeting Pedro Martinez at the Prudential Center during a Good Humor Ice Cream promotion. (No ice cream for me!)
- The Kale Caesar Salad at Sweetgreen. This place had a perfect salad for my dietary requirements and has detailed nutritional information available which is something I have a new found appreciation for. If you have dietary restrictions and live near one I recommend checking this place out.
- Geometric Papercrafting Workshop at Paper Source in Chestnut Hill. We made triangle wall art (shown), a really cool mobile and note cards.
- This Guy. I have a love/hate relationship with cats because I'm allergic but I'd steal this one if I didn't think it would cost me my best friend.
- Local Greek Festivals. Always a good time with good food and good friends.
- The reunion of the 2004 Boston Red Sox team for the 10th anniversary of the World Series win. SO many fun memories. I was fortunate to see a lot of regular season games in '04 and was there for the victory parade.
- Tofu Shirataki noodles, specifically Angel Hair or Spaghetti. In my new life without pasta, rice, grains and bread I finally broke down and gave these "noodles" a try. They require some careful preparation but if done right they totally do the trick for me. Surprisingly, I haven't been craving all that stuff nearly as much as I thought I would be but I made a slightly altered version of Hungry Girl's Shrimp Scampi recipe with them and I loved it! (I didn't use the onions and I added zucchini. I also used garlic infused olive oil in the pan instead of cooking spray. Oh and I used the angel hair style noodle instead of fettuccine.)
- Sparkling Ice Lemonade, the perfect summer refresher, plus no calories or sugar.
So there you have it. What made you happy this past month?